Friday, July 26, 2013

A trip to the Zoo


I chose to explore the Greensboro Science Center for the learning journey. The zoo had many animals that we got to see up close such as this stunning tiger. There was a team of college students experimenting with a monkey to train him to play target-and-match, see picture attached. It is fascinating to learn about animal cognition and their capabilities. Sometimes I wonder if they understand how much humans are damaging our co-inhabited planet.

Most of the species in the aquarium and zoo are endangered. Animals are caged in this zoo or confined to a tank in the aquarium, but it is sad to think that they are probably doing better in the tank or cage than in their natural habitats as a result of our unsustainable actions. I know that coming to this camp always broadens my ways of thinking and adds confidence in my mission to take and encourage sustainable action.

Post by Student Leader Jayaram

No comments:

Post a Comment